I am posting this disclaimer, that I may generate income from ads . I also accept ads/advertising on my blog.
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Guest post by Gerard Mcdaniel
My mom is driving me crazy. I mean, she’s super helpful and I know she means well but planning this wedding with her on my heels is making my life a living you know what. I think that by the time I’m married and all this is said and done I’m going to be lucky if she’s even speaking to me anymore! I’m her only child so she’s always really babied me but now that she’s helping me plan the wedding and she’s paying for the whole thing, too, she thinks she has say over everything I do. My fiancé and I just bought a condo and we’re really excited about making it our own but she’s already made it clear what color we should paint the baseboards and what kind of couch we should get. Just the other day I was on www.electriccompaniesindallas.com and she started looking over my shoulder telling me to click this and don’t click that. She acted like she was the only person in the world who knew anything about signing us up for utilities! I know she’s only trying to help but sometimes mom can just be a bit overbearing and it’s hard to argue with her. She gets really defensive if you ask her to back off and since she’s the one who cares so much about this wedding I know it would kill her if I told her to take a step back. I know she wants the best for me and for my fiancé but at the end of the day it’s our celebration and it’s certainly our money that went into buying the condo. If she doesn’t wise up and realize that soon enough I’m probably going to have to tell her what I think of her recent actions and she’s going to be none too happy. Moms are the best – unless they’re being the worst, am I right? What can you do about it.
Posted by Night Owls Perch at 3:51 AM
Sunday, October 7, 2012
Swagbucks puts the "treat" in Trick or Treat with the latest team challenge: Zombies vs. Vampires. You have until the end of October to get started, score points for your team and win bonus Swag Bucks. Take sides by clicking "Max Your Bonus" on the Daily Ghoul Meter of the homepage. Complete your daily goal, ahem I mean ghoul, to earn a point for your team. Learn all the details by watching the Zombies vs. Vampires tutorial on SBTV. If you haven't signed up yet, October is great month to join the action and win major bonus Swag Bucks along the way. The undead may roam, but bonus Swag Bucks are a real scream.
Posted by Night Owls Perch at 3:26 AM
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
I was recently contacted by Gourmet Gift Baskets, to do a review and giveaway on their awesome brownies. I can never say no to chocolate. :) These are some of the best brownies, I have ever had. They were a big hit, in the house. We had 6 different brownies in the sampler. Here are the brownies, that were sent to me.
· Belgian Chocolate Chunk
· White Chocolate Macadamia Blonde
· Butterscotch Blonde
· Peanut Butter
· Fudge Walnut
These brownies were very moist and chewy. My favorites out of the whole bunch, were the ones that weren't chocolate surprisingly. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Butterscotch Blondie. I want more, now that I am thinking about them! LOL. It had a deep butterscotch and buttery flavor. Oh it was sooo good.
My second favorite was the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut. Macadamia's are one of my favorite nuts, and I love them in brownies. These were to die for. So moist and chewy, with an awesome crunch.
The other brownies, went to others in my family, and they gobbled them all up. So I guess they were a hit!
You have a chance to get this same 6 pack brownie sampler to try yourself. All you have to do, is fill out the rafflecopter form below. There are no mandatory entries. Do as many or as little as you like. :) Good luck!
Giveaway is only open to the Lower 48 States in the USA. Hawaii and Alaska are excluded per the sponsors request. Giveaway ends April 26th at 11PM Central time.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
I was approached by Beazers Garden to do a review of their shop. She has so many great items, that it was hard to choose from. I chose an Herbal Soap Sampler. It has 4 cute little soaps. I had a great time using them all.
First of all I tried the Sweet & Fresh soap. It sure was both it has a beautiful smell and great lather. It is a combination of lemongrass and jasmine, two of my favorite scents.
Second was Cupids Call. It has this beautiful aroma of roses and clove. It is a very pretty unique smell. I really liked this one. I used it on Valentines Day. :)
Third was Rejuvenating Deluxe. It is a combination of Lavender, Geranium, and Rose. They all smell so nice together.
Lastly was Soft Musk. I really love this one. It is a combination of Sandalwood, Vanilla, and Lavender. I have to say this one was my favorite. Musk is one of my all time favorites.
These soaps were very moisturizing, and left a great scent on my skin. I am planning on buying more soon. I think they would be great for a Mothers Day gift.
Beazers Garden has so much more than just soap. She has bath salts, lotions, massage oils, and so much more. I really like her shop. I had a hard time picking what I wanted. There are lots of spa bath and body scents, that would be great for gifts.
Here are the numerous ways you can visit Beazers Garden.
Beazer’s Garden~ Handmade Natural Goodies for Bath, Body & Home
Care for your body and home with natural products made with pure essential oils and organic herbs. These handmade items are an all around treat, providing aromatherapy to the senses and nourishment to your skin, AND are safe to use around children & pets.
Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeazersGarden
Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/Beazers_Garden
Customer Rewards Page- http://busyasabeazer.blogspot.com/
Shop Blog- http://busyasabeazer.wordpress.com/
Friday, January 13, 2012
I was recently picked to work with Mom Central to join the Johnson and Johnson Healthy Essentials Blog Tour. I was sent a bunch of amazing items from Johnson and Johnson.
- AVEENO® Positively Radiant™ Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15: With natural light diffusers, mica and silica, this oil-free formula works to naturally even skin tone and texture while reflecting light to visibly smooth imperfections. ($16.59/4 fl. oz, available at food, drug and mass merchandisers nationwide)
- BAND-AID® Brand by Cynthia Rowley Adhesive Bandages: A glamorous way to cover up and protect cuts and scrapes for better, more fashionable healing! With 7 different designs to choose from, you won’t have to fear clashing with that perfect outfit. ($2.75/20 assorted bandages, available at Target stores nationwide)
- Johnson’s® Baby Lotion: Healthy skin begins with proper moisture balance, even for babies. JOHNSON’S® Baby Lotion can help prevent moisture loss from baby’s natural skin barrier. JOHNSON’S® Baby Lotion can be used to “baby” adult skin, too! ($2.99/15 oz., available at food, drug and mass merchandisers nationwide)
- LISTERINE® ANTISEPTIC®: LISTERINE® is clinically proven to kill germs, help prevent and reduce plaque and gingivitis germs and fight bad breath. Now that’s a breath of fresh air! ($5.99/1 liter bottle, available at food, drug and mass merchandisers nationwide)
- NEUTROGENA® HAND CREAM Norwegian Formula®: This glycerin rich formula heals seriously dry and chapped hands for effective relief that lasts up to 17 hours ($3.99/2 oz. tube, available at national food, drug and mass merchandisers)
- SPLENDA® ESSENTIALS™: this new line of new products from the SPLENDA® Brand gives you more than just the benefit of reducing calories from sugar, they also provide added essential nutrients you need every day. Varieties are available with fiber, antioxidants or B Vitamins. ($4.29/80-count box, available at grocery stores, supermarkets and online at www.SPLENDA.com)
- ONETOUCH® UltraMini® Meter : With rapid results in just 5 seconds, a small, convenient size and 5 great colors to choose from, the ONETOUCH® UltraMini® Meter is a simple and stylish way to check your blood sugar on the go. ($19.99, available at pharmacies where diabetes products are sold)
I think my favorite out of all the products has to be the Johnson's baby lotion. Even though my baby is 9 years old. I still use Johnson's baby lotion on her, and myself. I even used it before I had a child. :) Something about it just makes me smile. :)
I really like the OneTouch UltraMini Meter. I was recently diagnosed with pre diabetes. I still have to test my sugars, to make sure my meds do not make my sugars dip too low. It is small and compact. It is easy to take with my when I travel.
You know kids and Band-aids. The very first day I received the band-aids, my great niece saw that I had them and her eyes lit up! LOL. She HAD to have two to cover her boo boos. They are designer looking band-aids that were really cute. My camera is on the fritz, so that is why no pics.
You can go to the Healthy Essentials website to get over $190 in savings on these Johnson and Johnson products. Healthy Essentials” coupon redeemed between January 8th and January 15th will result in one meal donated by Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies to FEEDING AMERICA™ (up to 1 million meals)
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies and received products to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Swagbucks is making Friday the 13th a lucky day this week, as they hold a Swag Code Extravaganza, which means more opportunities to get reward points towards free stuff! It starts at 7am Eastern Time - throughout the day there will be 8 different Swag Codes, and if you can get them all, you'll have an extra 60 Swag Bucks in your account.
See you there!